Monday, April 18, 2011

UPDATE: Resolution of a painful problem...


As you all may have noticed, it has been nearly three weeks since my last post. While I can claim that I was too busy to post anything meaningful, the reality is that I was just a little too confused about my life to think straight (pardon the pun)--too many conflicting feelings and thoughts kept forcing themselves to the fore making it impossible to write with any real coherence...And so, I decided to follow my father's advice that "it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you're a simpleton than to open it unnecessarily and prove the point."

I believe I'm gradually finding my way back to the real world. The process of getting here has been a little painful, but "no pain, no gain," right?

The source of my confusion is the proverbial "boy problem" which I think I've finally resolved. I'm actually going out tomorrow with someone a friend has arranged for me to meet and have another date set up for the weekend. I might even head out to Jam on Friday for a night of fun and frolic--something I haven't done for weeks. Then there are my friends. Thank the dear Lord for these wonderful guys. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Spring is the time of new beginnings. It breeds optimism, hope and ultimately the beauty of rebirth. It couldn't come for me at a better time.

2 comments:

  1. So, how'd you resolve the "boy problem"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring has sprung
    The grass has ris;
    I wonder where
    The boys is?

    Good luck!

    Trey

    ReplyDelete