Sunday, December 26, 2010

So it wasn't my last post....

Okay, a guy (especially a gay guy) has a right to change his mind every once in a while. And so I've changed mine.


After careful consideration, I've decided that I'll continue to post on this blog and will recommit to sharing my heart and my experience.

Who knows? It might actually help me navigate the rough seas that I have yet to face. If I haven't learned anything over the last few years, I've learned that while my voyage is new to me, it's all water under the stern for many of you. Your comments and guidance have had a profound impact on me and my life and will continue to do so. Keep your opinions coming. I appreciate your advice and insights tremendously.

I want to especially thank Sandy for setting me "straight" with her comment early on in my blog. It was her no-holds-barred two-by-four upside the head that actually helped me realize that it is difficult for a person in my situation to have my cake and eat it, too. Her direct and clear cut analysis of my behavior helped me accept the fact that, as the old Cantonese proverb states, it is impossible for one foot to stand on two boats.

Her well meant chastisement helped me realize that as a gay man, it actually was unfair and disloyal to skate around the issue of fidelity while remaining married to my wife. Sandy helped me see that for my wife's happiness and my own peace of mind divorce was the only option.

That decision changed my life and I have never been happier.

At the same time, many of you have provided me encouragement and support that has been invaluable on difficult days. You don't know how much that has meant to me. I hope that opportunity arises for me to somehow return the favor.

And so I will continue to post, sharing my experiences honestly and forthrightly. Please feel free to provide guidance and direction. It will do nothing buy make this journey easier and at the same time a lot more fun.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I appreciate your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I debate whether to keep posting, but the bottom line for me is that as long as there are guys out there that think that they can "fix" their SSA by marrying a woman then there's always something to be said and hopefully there are still those out there who are still able to lean from other's experiences.
    Hugs,Miguel

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you keep writing, I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete